A Brief History of Hall Memorial Library
The library was built in 1885 with funds donated to Tilton and Northfield by Mary Hall Cummings in memory of her husband, Adino Brackett Hall. The land, once known as Deer Park, was given by Mrs. Charles Tilton. It was initially dedicated in 1886. On June 6, 2001, with the completion of a 5,000 square foot addition, it was rededicated. The original building is listed on the National Historic Register as one of the finest examples of Queen Anne Architecture in New Hampshire. The library has had 16 directors in its 120+ years of service.